Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viviano Macaroni Companies

Hello friends,
    I am the great-great-granddaughter of Sal Viviano of Vimco (Carnegie, PA) on a neverending quest to document my family's history, specifically in the pasta business. I am in the process of creating a website and, perhaps, biographical account of the Viviano macaroni families, including Salvatore (Vimco), Joseph (Delmonico), and other Viviano ventures in Chicago, St. Louis, and Detroit. I know that Viviano was a popular name in the food business, so I am hoping to develop an account of Salvatore, his brother, and cousins through historical documents, newspaper articles, business records, personal accounts, and genealogical information. I have done a lot of research already, but there is only so much out there. I hope that the community can assist me in piecing together the Viviano macaroni family history. Any information (with proper sources/citations!) is much appreciated.
    -Ali

Hi Ali. Here are a couple of pictures related to Viviano from the Macaroni Museum.
    Last edited by MachineBuilder; 10-04-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Here are some documents from the United States Patent and Trademark office related to Viviano and Vimco.

Recommend conducting a search for Viviano Macaroni at the Missouri Online Business Filing search portal at the Missouri Secretary of State website. Here is the link: https://bsd.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntit...x?SearchType=0
      Last edited by MachineBuilder; 10-04-2018, 06:11 PM. Reason: Added information about Missouri business search.

Comment

Please see below for link to Catalogue of Machinery for the Manufacture of Alimentary Pastes from Consolidated Macaroni Machine Corporation from circa 1935. At the end, you can see Viviano Macaroni Mfg. Co., V. Viviano & Bros, S. Viviano Macaroni Company, Kentucky Macaroni Company and Chicago Macaroni Company all used Consolidated Macaroni Machine Corporation pasta machines. Consolidated was the predecessor to DEMACO pasta machines.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...orporation.pdf

Comment

Thank you very much for this information and leads! Where is the Macaroni Museum?

Comment

Working...
          X